2023 is the year of tailored consumer experiences, preferences, product efficiency, and thinking beyond the box. According to Statistica, there will be 7.5 billion global mobile users by 2025. These estimates will climb as technology becomes more accessible day by day.
Whether you are a top mobile app development company in Dallas or a seasoned developer, remain updated with the newest trends.
To ease you in bringing the best trends into practice, we'll discuss the 7 most valuable trends to help you stand out.
Let's discuss this in detail!
Wearable app development technology is still popular today. But the question is how developers can influence the future path for wearable technology. Simple! By delivering more seamless experiences via wearables such as healthcare monitors and smartwatches.
The wearables exceeded one billion in 2022, indicating that this market is expanding. Google has also introduced a unified wearable with Samsung's Tizen software. This has reduced app startup times by 30%.
This technological change has increased competition in this industry. To remain competitive, app developers should plan to provide customers with an amazing digital experience in wearables to win more customers.
AR and VR
Who hasn't heard of Pokemon Go? The game grabbed the world by storm and popularized augmented reality. While augmented reality overlays artificial things on real-world objects, virtual reality provides an entirely fabricated environment.
Today, brands are using AR and VR technology to make their apps more versatile and engaging than ever. Some examples include:
- Ikea used AR to show customers furniture appearance as per their homes before buying.
- L'Oreal's virtual cosmetics software lets users see how specific makeup will look on their faces.
- Lenskart uses this technology to let users try glasses before buying.
- Google Maps now includes a Live View function that allows users to see the directions in real-time.
This technology is also available in the iPad Pro, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max. Superior quality images in low light are now attainable thanks to LiDAR.
We can also expect an increase in AR and VR users in the future years. So, you have a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of it by providing game-changing experiences to mobile users.
Unfolding expands the screen, providing a more immersive experience. This way, a user can use multiple windows at the same time. To take advantage, Google Maps now includes a Live View feature to see real-time directions.
These devices are more suitable for gaming and video streaming apps. These apps can utilize the extra space to provide additional information and controls. As a result, screen consideration is an important factor while aligning strategies for mobile app development.
Moreover, apps must be designed with two display screens that, when unfolded, appear to be one. However, optimizing and building a personalized user interface to ease folds will be challenging.
Apps incorporating modern technologies require significant storage space in internal memory. If your app has these issues, you will lose your customers or viewers. Now, what to do? Don't worry, there is a solution; Cloud Computing!
Its remote servers offer the necessary storage space for the seamless operation of an app that is swiftly downloaded and does not affect your device's internal memory. The cloud refers to:
- Safe operation across numerous devices.
- Spending less on hosting.
- Significantly higher computer power.
- Increased storage and loading capacity.
- Enhancing user retention.
- Simplified operations.
As a result, more providers are actively investing in cloud-based apps. In this scenario, this trend will rise more.
The IoT enterprise market revenue hit 201 billion dollars for the first time in 2022, and predictions indicate that this figure will rise to approximately 238 billion by 2023.
In 2023, the Internet of Things will be the most popular choice for mobile app developers.
Users can utilize mobile IoT applications to:
- Monitor the readings of linked devices and sensors.
- View real-time video footage.
- Analyze data, create charts, and develop reports.
- Manage devices (open/close, turn on/off, trigger notifications, send messages, and execute various other tasks).
IoT apps are useful for customer-focused solutions (smart home appliances, etc.) and enterprise-grade management (like oil and gas networks).
Mobile App Security
App security is a top priority for both providers and consumers.
Check Point reported that almost 46% of firms had at least one employee who downloaded a malicious app.
To reduce this headache, digital security should be on top priority. Blockchain will undoubtedly be the primary technology to secure mobile data security. Risks can also be reduced by:
- Using safe coding methods and correct server configuration.
- Testing the application for threat vulnerability.
- Avoiding risky authentication techniques.
- Putting in place multi-factor authentication (MFA).
P2P Mobile Apps
P2P apps will not only gain more competition but also variety in the coming years. Users may pay instantly, while suppliers can get payments immediately into their accounts without hassle.
Here are a few examples of P2P mobile apps that will rise more:
- Social platforms with built-in payment systems.
- Mobile OS having built-in payment systems
- Independent providers with their payment methods.
- P2P apps with a bank as a payment partner.
- Crypto Wallets.
So, it is the best time to put your P2P mobile app idea into action.
Last but not the least!
Mobile development keeps up with the latest advances, providing convenient solutions. With advancement, businesses are gaining loyal clients, and customers expect more convenient services. If you wanna win this race, speed up your advancement process.